Friday, January 28, 2011

What is the IIS equivalent of mod_wsgi's WSGIScriptAlias?

I'm trying to get Django running on IIS 6 using pyisapie and I'm having some trouble. I have pyisapie working on IIS, but it only works if I specify the full url to a specific python script like so:

http://localhost/sample/test.py

I have PyISAPIe.dll set as a wildcard application map for the virtual directory where my application lives. The part that I don't understand is how do I tell PyISAPIe.dll which python script to execute when I hit my virtual directory from the url?

I want to be able to navigate to

http://localhost/sample/any/thing/that/I/want/right/here

and have test.py be executed. If I try the 2nd url now, I get a 404.

  • http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/creating/iiscgihowto.html See above link as well. Have no experience here but thought that IIS supported CGI therefor why not wsgi?

    Matthew J Morrison : I have wsgi working on IIS already, but it only works when I hit a python script from the URL... I don't know how to configure IIS to have a WSGIScriptAlias like mod_wsgi for Apache.
    From dartdog

0 comments:

Post a Comment